Featured is a beautiful Diamond Dye Brand wooden spool cabinet with a beautiful colorful tin sign on the front door.
THE SUNSHINE HAT, GAUSS HUNICKE HAT CO., ST LOUIS. 1884
Here is a 1884 dated lithograph from the Gauss-Hunicke Hat Company which was based in Saint Louis, MO. The litho advertises The Sunshine, A Misses Hat for 1884. This hat company was one of the bigger hat manufacturers in the U.S. in the late 1800’s. Much of their trade went to the ships heading out…
THE AMERICAN AGRICULTURAL CHEMICAL CO., BUFFALO, N.Y. LITHOGRAPH. Circa 1908
Featured is a beautiful lithograph from the American Agriculture Chemical Company which was based in Buffalo, New York in the early 1900’s. This lithograph comes with a calendar for the year and features a young girl with a patriotic flag in her hand. This company was known for their fertilizer products used by farmers for…
SOUTHERN COOPERAGE CO., ADVERTISING PAPERWEIGHT, ST. LOUIS, MO. Ca. 1900
Pictured is a neat advertising glass paperweight from the Southern Cooperage Company which was at 110 Victor Street near downtown Saint Louis, Missouri. This company produced many wooden barrels used in the brewery and whiskey distillery business sectors. Wood barrels were the handiwork of coopers who were skilled artisans in barrel making. Circa 1900.
DU PONT POWDERS SELF FRAMED TIN SIGN, CIRCA 1915
Featured is an amazing hunting advertising self-framed tin sign from the Du Pont hunting brand, this one featuring their powder shotgun or rifle like shells. The image features two retriever dogs, potentially Brittany Spaniels on the sign. DuPont was in competition with Remington, Winchester, and many other early firearms manufacturers. A great sign!
DEERE & WEBBER SLEIGH CO., SERVING TRAY, MINNEAPOLIS, MN. Ca. 1910
Featured is a tough to find early advertising tray from the Deere and Webber Horse Drawn Sleigh Manufacturing Company in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This particular serving tray is a stock image type of tray, and features a large elk in the image. The Deere and Webber Company was known Bob Sleds which were horse pulled…
R.W. BELLS & CO., SOAPS TIN SIGN, BUFFALO, N.Y. Circa 1905
Here is a great tin sign from the R. W. Bells Company, which was based in Buffalo, New York. The Bells Company made soaps for years, and they were a dominant seller of soap in the market as early as 1880. The Buffalo Brand of soap was perhaps their top seller for many years,…
R&G Corset Factory Tin Sign. Circa 1900
The R & G Corset Factory once ruled not only the streets of Norwalk, CT, but basically the entire United States as their brand of corsets was the largest selling brand in the U.S. Norwalk had the reputation of also being one of the biggest hat manufacturing cities in the U.S. also. Interestingly the company…
PENNANT MOTOR OIL TIN SIGN, PIERCE GAS CORPORATION, ST. LOUIS, MO. Circa 1925
Here is an early tin sign from the Pierce corporation, an early and very successful gasoline and motor oil manufacturer based in Saint Louis, Missouri. This particular sign advertises their flagship Pennant brand of grease. The Pierce Company also produced an oil rocker drum, which are a highly collected category by the gas and…
THE DIAMOND DYES BRAND LEFT A MARK WITH THEIR ICONIC DYE DISPLAY CABINETS!
The Diamond Dyes Company was the leading dye company in the late 1800’s-early 1900’s. The companies products were sold at old general stores throughout the United States, and they were sold in wood stand up cabinets like the one shown. The company produced cabinets with many styles of tin inserts, all depicting various colorful scenes…
C. W. FIFIELD OPTOMETRIST OUTDOOR HANGING TRADE SIGN. Ca. 1900
C. W. Fifield Optometrist Reverse-on-Glass outdoor hanging sign, with metal brackets holding the opaque glass tightly in place.
TRASK FISH CO., ST. LOUIS, MO., STONEWARE CROCK. Circa 1900
Stoneware crock with a fish on the label from the Trask Fish Company. The Trask Fish Co was in downtown St. Louis. Missouri.
RAWSON & EVANS CHIPPED GLASS BANK SIGN, CHICAGO & NEW YORK CITY., Circa 1895
Chipped Glass Bank Sign from the Rawson and Evans Glass Company in Chicago, IL & New York City, N.Y. Circa 1895.